Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Some of my painted floor cloth canvas', And Some Other Beautiful Things...


 

 
Oh don't you love these pillows, BHG
Ok. So my very first blog went okay.... Although I am quite green as to how all of this works, I thought I would just do it. Wow, looks like I had alot to say...I have been thinking about this for a while, but whoa. Now I have to organize everything...And I really need a new camera, sorry. On the horizon.

And reading over my very first post I realized I did not put up the photos of my floor cloths, (or classic historical floor cloths) which I will do now. I published before I was through inserting images, whoops. Probably one of many mistakes; I should probably get a book on blogging or something, but damn, it just feels good to have a project; something which requires a grown-up mind and has nothing to do with being 3 years old (going on 4) or 7 (going on 13). Yes, my two children whom I adore are not going to be in my head while I type away at the wee hours of the night.

Ok, so here are my floor cloths, thus far (painted rugs):

 
Moroccan tile Star rug
 
Curves - saw this in House Beautiful, Madeline Weinrib. I wanted it, so I painted it!

Sand Dollar and stars


Riverbend, just the beginning of this one

    
 
I would check out Canvasworks if you want to see historical examples of floor cloths. They are amazing and beautifully done. She is based in Vermont and they are more commonly known in New England than out here in MT.

 I am also going to attempt my first Inspiration/room design idea. I have decided to tackle our living room. This is how our living room looks now:



Way too much brown now; I need something fresh and modern...I like the paint on the right, Quiet Moments by Benjamin Moore. Looks great with choc. brown and white.




Blue and brown

Solitude by Benjamin Moore on left,
Quiet moments by Bmoore on right. I think I like the right?
 




So my to do list is:
Pick the final lv. room paint color.
Then, browse fabrics for my living room....get some swatches.
At this point I am looking at this palette:
Chocolate brown, (my new cozy couch)
blue-ish grey (maybe for the walls?)
a very rich off-white, (thinking some nice slipcovered chairs)
and some type of fabric for: curtains, pillows, accesories...
Maybe in white, blue, grass green and brown?

Floor cloth will be some sort of brown and off white stripe combination, or perhaps an attempt (to make a painted floor cloth) out fat one of these rugs:

But in Choc. Brown and White?
Dwell Studio rugs

Madeline Weinreb rugs, she is an incredible Atelier and designer, always featured in House Beautiful












3 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous, Vanessa! I love the Moroccan tile and could see that in the living room, since you said you were considering brown and white, or taupe and off-white, with brown couch and off-white slip-covered side chairs. And, yes, Quiet Moments on the walls! What kind of "coffee table" are you considering? Maybe the woodwork should be painted the same off-white? Normally I don't like to paint wood, and would only do so if it is not the greatest quality, and off-white accents would brighten up the place. A white shelf might look really nice embedded in the fireplace stone. Do you have hardwood floors?

    The colors you like remind me of colonial colors made from natural elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I love your comment! Of course we changed it all around...Neutral walls with Quiet Moments on the ceiling. Yes, the ceiling. Chuck is cringing, but he will love it. Check out my new post today. The white shelves look amazing, and yes, I am thinking about the mantel being white. Also, I am going to clean our stone fireplace and perhaps decorativ/paint it so it is lighter but still looks like natural stone. Coffee table...I like a big basket with caster wheels on it; saw it in a mag of course - it was a chicken coop/storage basket which was very square and rustic looking with casters and wheels put on, and a glass top. One more project to do.
    Yes, the colors are inspired by natural elements! The walls look like a sandy beach, and the ceiling will be sky. Our floors are unfortunately pergo (really don't like pergo!) but someday would love to put hardwood floors in. Are you still coming to visit??? Write me on FB, love me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post about best casters and wheels and it will be give more information those people who such a need.

    caster wheels & pneumatic casters

    ReplyDelete