Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Inspiring rooms and some DIY ideas

Have I mentioned I am totally clueless when it comes to blogging? 
love the pillows, Better Homes and Gardens
I feel like I am talking to myself which is why I am just going for it. (and sounding like I'm talking to myself). Although if anyone reads this (my friends on FB have been forced) thank you for listening. I will stop posting it so much on everyones page, I promise. Just wanted to get the word out. I am hoping to laugh one day at myself in my early blogging days (or cry, or cringe?).
But I am determined to keep a log of my house/projects, progress, and my sewing and painting adventures. Hoping my 3 year old will agree today on this point; yesterday he was yelling "MOMMY, get OFF the computer!". Yikes. I then made up for it making some homeade chocolate chip cookies, and let him eat some batter. Just a little...Yes, of course I had a bite. Cookie dough is my best frienemy. I have never used that word but it is incredibly appropriate in this situation.  We have been in a long term relationship and I am trying to break it off....Takes time.


  

Iron on transfer from BHG website
  
DIY Projects from Better home and Gardens (check it out for full directions and photos)

       Iron on transfer:

1.  First, find your image. This duck one is cool, but I am going to look for something else for my pillows. I found this project at Better Homes and Gardens website.
2.  Print it onto Iron-on transfer paper
3.  You may need to tile the photo (cut it smaller if it is too big).
4.  Trim the printout to size, and lie it face down onto a cotton pillowcase. 
  5.  Press hard, constantly moving the iron and do not use steam.
  6. Lift the corner and check to see if the transfer has worked; then you can peel off the backing.  If you have to use the tiling method, you may need to use another piece of transfer paper to protect the finished portions from heat. You can use a used piece of transfer paper. I am going to attempt this next week, so I will photograph my progress...Next week is spring break, so as I will be surrounded by children, I plan on DIY'ing as they watch netflix.  What in the hell did our parents do in the 70's? Oh, thats why they drank so much.

Dwell studio, love their stuff...Could I try to make this with a block print?
Just found an awesome link http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-make-a-b-138526 For some great DIY projects. (among other things) I am going to try the block print idea for a pillow (like above) or for a canvas floorcloths...We shall see how it goes...I will document, when I can get to it...So little time!

Above pillow is at:

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa,

    I love your ideas and I love reading your blog. Makes me feel like I'm hanging out with you. I can't wait to see your progress. Hope to see you soon!

    XOXO
    Amy

    ReplyDelete