Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cool Blog to share, Lamp DIY, Entryway Lust...

Oh the living room. Still trying to get my shelves painted and at least one wall completed. Two kids home and almost impossible to get to it. They are fighting, playing, eating, messing up our house constantly. And we had another mini virus the last few days; we have been pummeled this year. I think I am trying a wheat free diet after having so many issues...Going to a homeopathic Dr. next week. If anyone is ever reading this (sigh) let me know if you have any thoughts. I have many friends who have gone wheat free.

The goal is to have one wall painted and shelves started by tonight...I am going to photograph my progress...

Here is an awesome blog/website called Young House Love. younghouselove.com.  I love their ideas and successful blog, and am completely inspired by them! Check out this light fixture they made:


Clothespins (their idea) and homeade lamp kit from Ikea!
You can make a lamp from anything...Good to know when the ones I like always cost $300.00! Full directions on their website

And some more entryways that are so organized; someday I would like to build a mudroom on my house and try to keep the mud in one area. People so often ignore their entryway, but what an important place to welcome people to your home!


Pinterest


I would paint directly on a wooden stairway, the stripes look so fresh
Pinterest

Here are some more blue/brown themed rooms; I am suprised how much I like the orange! Really trying to figure my palette out:


House Beautiful, am really liking blue and orange!

Brown and Orange look so modern

Would love to paint this as a flr cloth

so bright, and unlike anything I have done before
House Beautiful



Off to work out, get the house cleaned, go to the bank, grocery store, paint store then whoa, it will be time for dinner. Must stay up tonight painting...Next blog I will have some progress photos for sure. Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment