Thursday, March 22, 2012

Living room painted, Green with shelf envy and Before and After Fireplace pics


Well if anyone is listening, or reading, I deleted 2 blogs which I had just posted. Ha, the most technologically challenged person (me) is trying to be a blogger. Working on it...This is a bit of a repeat, but here are some photos of my new shelves:



Old yellow shelves, brown walls

White shelves...After the yellow I love the fresh look!

Still want to get some new things to add on to my shelves.  Love typography mixed with old books and some sort of a collection, like starfish, coral, shells or butterflies (see below). Here are some inspiring shelves:

Pottery Barn

Better homes and Gardens

Pottery Barn

Better Homes and Gardens


Yes, so I am inspired to re-arrange...Plan on working on some new floor cloths this weekend so I can get them out in the world. Starting local, at the farmers market here, and then hoping to get a website. 

Also, in my last post (which I late night deleted, whoops) I spoke about painting my ceiling blue. My husband is not on board with this idea; however, if I ever listened to him we would be living in a 2 bedroom apartment on campus, with tapestries for curtains held up with duct-tape, and posters of Jerry Garcia on the wall as our fine art decor. We probably would not have a mortgage, pets, or even kids for that matter. Ha ha. My point is that, well, I just go with my instinct and like to change things up...He takes a bit longer on these decisions, but I am going to paint our ceiling blue...Quiet moments by Benjamin Moore.  Here is an idea of my new color scheme:



Quiet moments on ceiling, Wheeling Neutal on walls, my living room

Look at the blue ceiling...

From TheNewlyWed Diaries

House Beautiful

From YoungHouseLove

New Brown couch that started it all...My living room with its new paint.Working on fabric for pillows, curtains and new floor cloth design for Lv room...

And then, much to his chagrin, I plan on brightening up our stone fireplace. It is such a dark grey/smoke stained color. We also have a brick fireplace in the basement which I plan on painting off-white.  Check out the before and after in these photos:



Plain old dark brick looks dated

Better, right?
O

Old stone fireplace looks dirty and dated

Better..This is what I am thinking for ours


Ok, thats it for today. My awesome sister reccomended I look at Hawaiian quilts for floor cloth inspiration. I think I will, check out these pillows.





No comments:

Post a Comment